[Dcmlib][Insight-developers] GDCM problems with created dicom

Jean-Pierre ROUX jean-pierre.roux at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Dec 28 10:57:05 CET 2004

Hi!

Best wishes for the new DICOM year ;-)

If I try to sumarize  David's advice :
  - Let's take OW as the VR for any Pixel Data element (easy ...).
  - Let's compute group 0002 length (I already wrote it)

  - The next chalenge to face will be to take into account 'Transfert
Syntax' field.
Nowadays, we don't care about it : in order to be able to read
ACR-NEMA images as well (with NO group 0002, and NO 'Transfert
Syntax' field) we just use an heuristic try to guess (and *we guess*
...) if the image is coded in the same way (big endian /little
endian) the current processor works.

Of course all the stuff will break when we'll get a Big Endian coded
'true DICOM' image (Looking at the first elements -of group 0002- our
heuristic will tell us the image is 'Little Endian' ...)

To check the new code we're gonna write, we'll need a 'Big Endian Dicom Image'.
Does anyone of you knows where we can get such an image?
(Probabely David has got some, but I'm too shy to ask him ;-)

JP

   Jean-Pierre ROUX
   UMR CNRS 5515-CREATIS
   Laboratoire de Radiologie Experimentale