[Dcmlib] gdcm version 0.6: correction

jean-michel.rouet at philips.com jean-michel.rouet at philips.com
Tue Nov 9 09:23:25 CET 2004

Oui et c'etait un peu risqué...

pour info, y'a les commandes "cvs rtag -d odlname module" pour effacer un
tag, et précédé du classique "cvs rtag -r oldname newname module" pour le
dupliquer avant...

voir la page de "info cvs"

Deleting, moving, and renaming tags
===================================

   Normally one does not modify tags.  They exist in order to record
the history of the repository and so deleting them or changing their
meaning would, generally, not be what you want.

   However, there might be cases in which one uses a tag temporarily or
accidentally puts one in the wrong place.  Therefore, one might delete,
move, or rename a tag.

_Warning: the commands in this section are dangerous; they permanently
discard historical information and it can be difficult or impossible to
recover from errors.  If you are a CVS administrator, you may consider
restricting these commands with taginfo (*note user-defined logging::)._

   To delete a tag, specify the `-d' option to either `cvs tag' or `cvs
rtag'.  For example:

     cvs rtag -d rel-0-4 tc

deletes the non-branch tag `rel-0-4' from the module `tc'.  In the
event that branch tags are encountered within the repository with the
given name, a warning message will be issued and the branch tag will
not be deleted.  If you are absolutely certain you know what you are
doing, the `-B' option may be specified to allow deletion of branch
tags.  In that case, any non-branch tags encountered will trigger
warnings and will not be deleted.

_Warning: Moving branch tags is very dangerous!  If you think you need
the `-B' option, think again and ask your CVS administrator about it (if
that isn't you).  There is almost certainly another way to accomplish
what you want to accomplish._

   When we say "move" a tag, we mean to make the same name point to
different revisions.  For example, the `stable' tag may currently point
to revision 1.4 of `backend.c' and perhaps we want to make it point to
revision 1.6.  To move a non-branch tag, specify the `-F' option to
either `cvs tag' or `cvs rtag'.  For example, the task just mentioned
might be accomplished as:

     cvs tag -r 1.6 -F stable backend.c

If any branch tags are encountered in the repository with the given
name, a warning is issued and the branch tag is not disturbed.  If you
are absolutely certain you wish to move the branch tag, the `-B' option
may be specified.  In that case, non-branch tags encountered with the
given name are ignored with a warning message.

_Warning: Moving branch tags is very dangerous!  If you think you need
the `-B' option, think again and ask your CVS administrator about it (if
that isn't you).  There is almost certainly another way to accomplish
what you want to accomplish._

   When we say "rename" a tag, we mean to make a different name point
to the same revisions as the old tag.  For example, one may have
misspelled the tag name and want to correct it (hopefully before others
are relying on the old spelling).  To rename a tag, first create a new
tag using the `-r' option to `cvs rtag', and then delete the old name.
(Caution: this method will not work with branch tags.)  This leaves the
new tag on exactly the same files as the old tag.  For example:

     cvs rtag -r old-name-0-4 rel-0-4 tc
     cvs rtag -d old-name-0-4 tc

Enfin tant que ca marche :-)

JM