[Dcmlib] Re: some bugs with 'MONOCHROM1 ' and 'MONOCHROM2 '

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Nov 12 17:00:34 CET 2004

Jean-Pierre Roux wrote:
>>Dennis,
>>
>>	I am really suspicious. I only know one image that had odd lenght, and
>>it was an image written by an old gdcm version. Two options here:
>>

> --> Mathieu :
> Actually, there is a lot of DICOM images with odd length for some fields
> (not only old gdcm version written images ...)
> Of course, it's a violation of DICOM rules, but who cares about DICOM
> rules :-(

JP,

	Show me one DICOM in the baseLine that does not respect this rule
(except the theralys one and the broken GE 13 lenght). I think there is
a confusion in between MONOCHROM1 that has 11 character and the string
that carry it that is padded with a null caracter (as specified in DICOM
ref). I put a tons of assert everywhere to make sure about this issue,
and I had an issue only with those two.

Thanks,