[Dcmlib] Re: ptotential memory leak without virtual destructor.

Dennis hudr at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 20:55:05 CET 2004

Hi, Matheieu,

thanks a lot. PixelConvert can be deleted.

I found some codes in gdcmDocument as follows:

 // Recursive clean up of sequences
   for (TagDocEntryHT::const_iterator it = TagHT.begin();
                                      it != TagHT.end(); ++it )
   {
      //delete it->second; //temp remove
   }
   TagHT.clear();

I think tagHT is cleared. so in gdcm::ElementSet destructor never deletes
the contents of TagHT and
leave a lot of memory leaks.
can you take a look at the destructor of gdcm::ElementSet?

now i just comment out these codes. maybe i'm wrong. I don't know which
class is responsible to delete TagHT.
I think the simple way is who create it, who delete it.

by the way, i changed my email account to hotmail.

thx,

Dennis