[Dcmlib] Re: some bugs with 'MONOCHROM1 ' and 'MONOCHROM2 '

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Nov 17 18:38:28 CET 2004

> Sometimes, there is no bug, only a light violation of Dicom Rules (ex :
> Theralys images 'Version number' is announced as 3 characters long, and
> it is!
> No problem for keeping, after reading, both original length and original
> string -we shall have to correct then at write time-, or correcting then
> at the very read time .
> What I suggested is we should keep the abiblity to display (at
> PrintHeader time) the original length, so we could see at a glance, if
> there is an oddity or not.

Alright. You win. That's true we should display what's read when this is
'sort of valid'.

Hopefully when Benoit is done with the proper DICOM writtin, that mean
they will be two different things: the header for the reading and the
for the writting. I'll change the even lenght only in the writting part,
so we don't write back odd lenght tag.

How does this sound ?