[Dcmlib] Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003 link errors

Sean McInerney seanm at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 13 05:03:04 CEST 2005

Pardonne moi. Je ne parle pas français.

Using MS Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003.
Using GDCM pulled from CVS.
Using VTK 4.4.2.

Failure to build static gdcm/vtkGdcm linking with static VTK.
Failure to build shared gdcm/vtkGdcm linking with static VTK.

Succeed to build shared gdcm/vtkGdcm linking with shared VTK ...
*except* that target 'gdcmTest' fails cannot find vtkRendering.lib.

I am guessing these problems are traceable to the CMakeLists.txt files.
Perhaps the link libraries need to be added or reordered ... or could
this be my own error???

In particular, I wish to build a static vtkGdcm linking with static VTK.
Any wisdom related to this build environment and these requirements will
be greatly appreciated.

I am attaching the linker's error output for 'vtkWriteDicom' as an
example (the link error is the same for all).

-Sean