[Dcmlib] make install is missing libgdcmopenjpeg.so

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Dec 6 15:43:47 CET 2005

Alfred Yu wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
>> Alfred Yu wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all, new user here.
>>>
>>> The installation process for gdcm works for me with the exception of
>>> one thing: the compiled and installed binaries all complain that
>>> libgdcmopenjpeg.so cannot be found. Here's the exact message:
>>>
>>> MakeDicomDir: error while loading shared libraries:
>>> libgdcmopenjpeg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>>> directory
>>>
>>> Everything works fine if I copy bin/libgdcmopenjpeg.so to the
>>> directory with the rest of the installed libs. Is there a line
>>> missing in a makefile somewhere?
>>

>> Are you using gentoo ?
>

> Hi, yes that's right, I'm using gentoo and cmake 2.0.6.

That's the scary part, I know all the bug by heart, so that user don't
even need to describe it. Anway this is not our fault, gentoo is
shipping a patched version of cmake which does not do the same default.

One way to repare your gdcm build is to do:

$ make edit_cache
-> change to advance
-> search for RPATH (/RPATH) CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH
-> change value to be OFF
$ make clean
$ make

HTH
Mathieu
Ps: please feel a bug report, because distribution should not patch
software without at least a warning.