[Dcmlib] [Fwd: GDCM eventually replacing DICOMImageIO2]

Jean-Pierre Roux jpr at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Jan 28 17:51:32 CET 2005

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: GDCM eventually replacing DICOMImageIO2
> Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:21:16 -0500
> From: Lorensen, William E (Research) <>
>

> Folks,

Hi !
I just found in my mailbox, an old mail from Bill, and no response (as
far I can say)
SerieHeader::AddFileName()  adds the file to the list only if it has the
same Serie UID than the first file, found in the source Directory
 (single level exploration).
That's a bit hard, IMHO !

--> We could easyly, without breaking the API, allow a recursive
exploration of the root Directory  (just add a bolean in the constructor).
--> Instead of dropping any file whose 'Serie Instance UID' does not
match with the first file, we could return a std::map (key : 'Serie
Instance UID', second : a std::list of gdcm::File *)
Every list should then be dealt with just as CoherentGdcmFileList was.

Would it help ?

JP