[Dcmlib] hangs on reading second dicom dataset

Jean-Pierre Roux jpr at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Jul 8 19:25:37 CEST 2005

Luca Picello wrote:

> hello everybody.
> a quick question:
> i have memory access violation (not very clear whitch line exactly but
> for sure in vtkGdmReader.cxx)
> after the second load of a dicom dataset.
> my pipeline is very easy (here simplified):
>
> at the beginning : dicom_reader = vtkGdcmReader::New(); (one time only)
>
> and the following at every directory change:
> dicom_reader->RemoveAllFileName();
> dicom_reader->AddFileName(FileDcm);
> dicom_reader->Update();

Hi, Luca.
Do you have the problem on any dat set (I mean : does it hang always on
the 2-d image, or is it on a given image? )
Can you display all your images with vtkgdcmReader ? or at least look at
the header with PrintFile ?
If one of them doesn't work with 'low level tools', could you send me a
sample?

A few weeks ago, I had to face images with a supposed to be 'bugged
header' -within a 'private' Sequence, a delimitor had a wrong length -,
and gdcm was unable to parse the header...
Jean-Pierre.