[Dcmlib] Re: [jasper-discussion] JasPer library supports images on 16 bits?

Mathieu Malaterre mmalater at nycap.rr.com
Wed Jun 15 17:21:10 CEST 2005

rotariusmarius,

      If you are sure the DICOM image is encoded with jpeg2000, then no
you don't need to do anything as jasper has a runtime (vs compile time)
option to decompress jpeg2000 stream depending on their #bits. But if
this is lossy jpeg and you are using ijg, then yes you have to compile
different library to handle 8/12 and 16bits

    As a side note what library are you using for handling DICOM ?

Mathieu