[Dcmlib] Streaming Support

Mathieu Malaterre mmalater at nycap.rr.com
Wed Jun 15 17:39:41 CEST 2005

On Jun 15, 2005, at 11:28 AM, Aris Basic wrote:

> will there be / si ther a streaming support (planned) ?
> what im thinking is getting a dicom image from image server directly
> into gdcm instead of
> dumping it into a file and opening (i guess it would be somewhat
> faster).
>
> Alos how about multi resolution jpeg2000 where initial packets/file
> would contain only a low resolution image
> and one could stepwise add more data to complete the image.
> (offcourse the user program would eb responsible for acquiring
> additonal data and pushing it to the gdcm,
> i guess thi may neverbe supported by gdcm or any dicom tool and would
> have to be left for main application to deal with
> somehow)

Well I am not sure about your last assertion, why are you so convinced
? Do you have time to spent ? If so I believe that (for once) gdcm HAS
the right approach ! Indeed we are using std::ofstream (instead of
stpid FILE*) and therefore one only need to subclass a std::ofstream to
serialize it. For example you would have a netwrokstream::read() that
would connect to a server and read the data from the server. But from
gdcm point of view it only execute a call to ::read()

For the jpeg2000 this is way beyond my expertise, try on jasper mailing
list

HTH