[Dcmlib] Philips images

Jean-Pierre Roux jpr at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jun 29 18:35:32 CEST 2005

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> JP,
>
>     That's interesting !
>     Anyway I don't believe right now we need to read them,

*we* don't, but Marlene does.
(she can now 'see' the images using vtkgdcmViewer; I'll try to patch
CardioTools tomorow, waiting for Benoit's fix -allow user to choose the
LoadMode, before parsing-)

> what I would like to see is that gdcm peacefully return saying
> something like:
> -> Sorry the lenght of the sequence is invalid, dont't know how to
> proceed.
>
>     If we are lucky enough by reading the length of the sequence we
> can detect this is outside of the file... otherwise we need to detect
> that the value is somehow absurd.

In FLAIR images, the length (of a Content Element, not a Sequence was
0x1600, instead of 0x0016 -not so absurd- , and we skipped right in the
middle od the pixel element)

>     Is there any example available I would like to raise the issue on
> news.protocol.dicom, to see how other people deal with it.
>     As a side note, I'd like to try TomoVision on this image.
>
> Mathieu
> Ps: JP can you fix your warning:
>
>  warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation from 'const int' to 'short'
> http://public.kitware.com/GDCM/Testing/Sites/Creatis.vc60/GDCM-Win32-vs60-Dbg/20050629-0100-Nightly/BuildWarning.html

Done .
(but creatis server seems to down -I can neither cvs commit nor ping it-)