[Dcmlib] Jpeg Losless

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon May 23 20:27:34 CEST 2005

Aris,

	No problem, it was just a misunderstanding...and some hot french blood :)

	Anyway this was also a problem for me until Jean Pierre Roux explained
me that lossless jpeg and JPEG-LS are completely two different thing:

http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/pipermail/dcmlib/2005-January/001207.html

and
http://datacompression.info/JPEGLS.shtml
[JPEG-LS is the basis for new lossless/near-lossless compression
standard for continuous-tone images intended for JPEG2000. The standard
is based on the LOCO-I algorithm (LOw COmplexity LOssless COmpression
for Images) developed at Hewlett-Packard Laboratories]

So yes gdcm has no JPEG-LS so far...propositions welcome. As a side note
I don't think you need the JPEG-LS for your application chance is that
the DICOM you are trying to read is some good ol' jpeg lossless

HTH
Mathieu
Ps: This is usually easier if you answer the mailing list instead of
personal email, thanks.