[Dcmlib] Rescale slope - problem!

Jean-Pierre Roux Jean-Pierre.Roux at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Nov 9 09:55:27 CET 2005

Joel Kullberg wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am a new user of gdcm through the ITK package and I would like to
> turn the rescaling of when Dicom data is read.
>
> I saw the “user friendly” rescale slope entry on the online “TODO-list”.
>
> I now wonder how to do this in today’s version?

Hi, Joel.
Sorry for being late to answer.

Actually, we considered it's an 'aplication level' problem
(visualisation), and not a gdcm problem -it wouln't be very clever to
modify pixel values to take into account 'rescale slope' and 'rescale
intercept'-
We let users getting those two values, and pass them to VTK, or Qt, or
any visualisation library they use.

Regards.
Jean-Pierre Roux