[Dcmlib] Re: CREATIS CVS: gdcm malaterre Operators' name vs Operator's Name

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Nov 16 16:15:52 CET 2005

Jean-Pierre Roux wrote:
> Creatis CVS User wrote:
>
>> CVSROOT:    /cvs/public
>> Module name:    gdcm
>> Changes by:    malaterre    05/11/15 21:48:36
>>
>> Modified files:
>>     Dicts          : dicomV3.dic
>> Log message:
>> ENH: Still some more (minor) fixes
>>

> I guess next Dicom version will correct the English mistake !
> Since VM is 1-n, there are many operators.
> The correct writting is then "Operators' Name" (see a grammar book at
> -Possessive case-)
> Operator's Name means there is *only one* Operator !

oooops this is my mistake I was comparing the old dicomV3.dic from gdcm
against the one I produce with my python script, and I thought just like
there is only one Patient Name, that there would only be one Operator
Name ... but I forgot to check the VM. Thanks for the report !

> + You were looking for 'synonyms' :
> The element 0x0000 of each group is named now 'Group Length'
> (they were named 'Study Group Length', 'DVH Group Length', 'Text Group
> Length', etc ... before)

Yes and No... In fact my goal is to built a reversed index and it seems
that there is only extremely few cases. Since this is *so* convenient I
won't mind having a code like

//If user ask for Group Length
-> return bla
//If user ask for the xx group
-> return foobar
// Everything else is unique, just loop over all name:
-> return found

Comments ?