[Dcmlib] GetPatSliceOrient(gdcm::File &h) (BIS)

Jean-Pierre ROUX jean-pierre.roux at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Sun Oct 2 21:59:21 CEST 2005

At 17:09 +0200 1/10/05, Luca Picello wrote:
>Hi JP,
>I believe I wrote my code exactly as you suggest to do.
>And I believe it happens exactly what you describe (images are ignored).
>Here we can open another parenthesis on how to choose the right
>slices to build the volume ;-)
>the anonimized dataset can be downloaded at
>http://www.surgisystems.com/ST1.zip [about 40 megabytes]

Luca,
I dowloaded the dataset, and I don't get in which Serie is your
problem nad/or haow to solve it automaticaly.

The Study, in directory ST1, is splitted into 12 directories SE1, ...
SE12, each one has a single Serie (same Series Instance UID).

Series SE5, SE6, SE9, SE10 contain MIP images; each image has a
different Orientation.
I guess you don't want to make a volume with them ;-)

Serie SE1 contains 'scout views' (3 Coronal images + 3 axial + 3 sagital)

Series SE2, SE3, SE4, SE7, SE8 are mono-incidence (no problem for
you, I suppose)

In Serie SE11, all the images are Axial, but one that's Sagital
In Serie SE12, all Coronal + 1 Sagital
In Serie SE12, all Sagital + 1 axial

For the Series SE11, SE12, SE13, splitting them according to the
Orientation would be usefull for you,
but would be stupid for Series holding MIP images....

I you think about something clever we could do ...

--> Tell me : in which Serie do you 'loose' images ?
(When I use
gdcmSerieViewer dirname=SE11
-just an example to show how to use vtkGdcmReader + gdcm::SerieHelper-
I can see *all* the images ).

JP

>cya,
>Luca
>

>Jean-Pierre ROUX wrote:
>
>>>Hello everybody.
>>>I see you are playing with orientation....
>>>I have some new datasets to test...
>>>Some are total-body and I can see something strange (to me at least):
>>>in the same dicomdir images are oriented differently.
>>>thus, the reader return only few slices when I have many and many
>>>of them....
>>>does it suggest to you something?
>>

>>Hi, Luca.
>>How do you use vtkgdcmreader?
>>-->The 'usual' way (passing info to build the file names) considers
>>the orientation of the *first* image and discards any image with a
>>different orientation, considering it's a bugged image (?!?)
>>(This feature was written a ling time ago ...)
>>
>>-->You may now pass a CoherentFileList (result of gdcm::SerieHelper
>>-that may build more than one SerieHelper-)
>>Normaly (?), within a CoherentFileList (same "Serie Instance UID"),
>>you should have the same orientation.
>>
>>(note : this is not 100% true, since for MR studies, a single serie
>>may hold all the 'scout views', with 2 or 3 diferrent orientations
>>-but never anybody will try use scout view as 'slices' to make a
>>volume-)
>>
>>If this new feature doesn't help you, could you upload your images
>>somewhere, so we can have a look at them.
>>(use
>>AnonymizeNoLoad dirin=yourSinglePatientImageDirectory
>>to anomymize the whole directory)

   Jean-Pierre ROUX
   CREATIS - CNRS UMR 5515, INSERM U 630
   Laboratoire de Radiologie Experimentale