[Dcmlib] Trubles on Big Endian Processor

Jean-Pierre Roux Jean-Pierre.Roux at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Oct 11 17:32:54 CEST 2005

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Hum: Today dashboard:
> TestWriteSimple is working:
> http://public.kitware.com/GDCM/Testing/Sites/midworld.kitware/GDCM-DarwinG5-g++/20051011-0100-Nightly/Test.html
>

> Dashboard after the change:
> TestWriteSimple       Failed
> http://public.kitware.com/GDCM/Testing/Sites/midworld.kitware/GDCM-DarwinG5-g++/20051011-1404-Experimental/Test.html

Oops!
Removing the supposed to be "clever stuff" (for dealing with endianess
at Pixels Write time)  hangs TestWriteSimple (evil !), on strange
messages (elem 7FE0|0010 not found ...)
And TestAllReadCompareDicom goes on hanging, with *exactly* the same
messages than the ones before "clever stuff" removal :
pixel (16U) differ (as expanded in memory).

--> Does it mean that it has absolutely *no effect* ?!?
It really miss a Big Endian processor based machine to fix the trouble.

Previous sentence was a subliminal message to my chief ;->