[Dcmlib] Object Oriented Dicom Library ;-)

Jean-Pierre Roux Jean-Pierre.Roux at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Oct 19 12:17:14 CEST 2005

From: "kellyatdentrix at gmail.com" <kellyatdentrix at gmail.com>

Subject: *Re: DICOM libraries evaluation*

If you choose a C++ library, wrapping it in C# would be a fairly
straightforward process, although it would not be managed code. There
are methods of making Java and C# play nice together in the .NET
environment, but they are fairly bleeding edge technologies.

If you can find a C++ library you are fairly happy with, then I would
wrap it in C# and start porting one piece at a time over to the actual
..NET environment, keeping it working as you go and adding unit tests.

I'd also strongly suggest that you consider www.rentacoder.com for
outsourcing the port. I've had VERY good success porting things from
one language to another using RAC.

I wish I could share my work along these lines, but unfortunately it is
proprietary to my employer. I would be willing to exchange emails on
the subject because it's something I'm quite interested in. Note that
DICOM itself is NOT object oriented, and trying to bend it to an object
oriented view of the world is difficult and full of some nasty
surprises.

It's very difficult to find ANY code that really has unit testing, I
would be VERY surprised to find a DICOM library that had taken this
approach, but please let us know if you do find one, I'd be interested
in seeing their approach to unit testing.

-->
--> Il ne connait pas gdcm, ce garcon?
--> ;-)
-->