[Dcmlib] Checkin the 'Value Multiplicity'

Jean-Pierre Roux Jean-Pierre.Roux at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Oct 24 13:01:32 CEST 2005

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Jean-Pierre Roux wrote:
>
>>   Hi, Mathieu, Benoit.
>>
>> Something you probabely forgot, is the entry 'Type' :
>
> Nope, see the comment I put in gdcm::DataEntry::IsValueCountValid.
> This is definitely on my TODO list. We should not pretend being able
> to write DICOM file without support for this. Otherwise we'll have to
> support yet another broken DICOM file format: the one produce by gdcm.
> So as long as we are not able to check that, I would say that the file
> we write are invalid (which seems to be the case, since dciodvy also
> complains about gdcm file).

I do agree with you.
We *must* write kosher dicom files.
I think the good way is to check *our* files at write time (or when a
user -us?- sets a value).

I probabely wrote something stupid in the 'mandatory' entries default
writing.
I tried to install dicom3tools, to check the files we write;
But 'imake' hangs ... (I probabely forgot to modify something somewhere ...)
Why don't everybody use CMake :-( ?

We shouldn't be happy whith gdcm wtiter till there is not a single
warning running dciodvy.

JP