[Dcmlib] Re: openjpeg and 16bits j2k image

Antonin Descampe descampe at tele.ucl.ac.be
Tue Oct 25 14:05:57 CEST 2005

[Hervé, I cc you to let you know an initiative from the gdcm team
integrating OpenJPEG in their project]

Hi,

What a nice (and fast) job ! Happy to know OpenJPEG integrated in your
project. Thanks Mathieu for the patches, I will apply them asap but it
would be indeed more convenient with one single "big" patch (as you
proposed it in one of your mails).

> Where can we get *your* version of open jpeg?

Jean-Pierre, I assume you get the correct version now as Mathieu has
uploaded OpenJPEG on your cvs. If not, just tell me and I will send you
the files (I've still problems to commit changes on our cvs, I hope
this will be fixed soon).

I would like to mention also an initiative from Hervé Drolon (FreeImage
Team Project Leader, cc in this mail) working on OpenJPEG to make it
multithread-safe. One of the big issue concerning the actual version
(on the cvs) is indeed that it does not work with multi-threads.

Hervé, I received your OpenJPEG snapshot, thanks a lot for all your
work, it's very impressive ! It will just take me some time to upload
your contributions on the cvs as some changes have (unfortunately) been
made in comparison with the version you used.

Best regards,

Antonin

--
Antonin Descampe - PhD student

  descampe at tele.ucl.ac.be
  Communications and Remote Sensing Lab
  Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium