[Dcmlib] Re: CVS difficulties

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Oct 26 23:42:31 CEST 2005

Hello David,

	You can CC the list, it is always nice to share problems/solutions
among users.

	Anyway for you problem, I believe this is simply a warning from cvs.
The first time you ever use cvs it needs to create a .cvspass file where
it can save a pseudo-encripted password for a particular cvs repository.

	Check that the read/write permission are ok for this file. You should
be able to do:

cat ~/.cvspass
and
touch ~/.cvspass

Mathieu
Ps: login as root is definitely the best way to shoot yourself in the
foot (with a `rm -rf`). It could also be that due to the total
insecurity of cvs your system refuse to let you use cvs under root
account (complete guess).