[Fwd: [Dcmlib] new RM]

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Sep 23 22:54:02 CEST 2005

Actually to be perfectly honest the version you are using can still be
broken, a patch was applied yesterday to ITK-gdcm:

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Utilities/gdcm/src/gdcmSerieHelper.cxx.diff?cvsroot=Insight&r1=1.2&r2=1.3

BUG: The bucket sort algorithm to sort a series by distance was flawed.
The algorithm reported duplicate positions when in fact there were gaps
existing in the dicom series. The new algortihm uses a multimap. It
still checks for duplicate positions, but will do a correct sort if
there are not duplications. Also, the old code used the gdcmDebugMacro
to report the duplicate positions. This code uses gdcmErrorMacro so that
users will be modified of the duplicate positions. Eventually, gdcm will
have better mechanisms to support error handling.

A similar patch should be merged back to 1.0.x branch and CVS.

Mathieu... really too busy to follow gdcm dvpt