[Fwd: [Dcmlib] new RM]

Jean-Pierre Roux jpr at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Sep 26 11:21:49 CEST 2005

Luca Picello wrote:

> Errata!!!!
>
> the new RMs are read perfectly!!!
> it was my fault: I selected the wrong directory :-)
>
> the only (still) problem that is missing is on orientation.
> however... thank you developers for your fantastic work!!! :-)

Hi, Luca !

Sorry for responding so late ...
The method
*double Orientation::TypeOrientation( File *f )*
still doesn't work.
I transated it from a code  (written in Python language)n supplied by
our friends from Theralys
Probabely I'm not clever enough about Python!
This code should (will ?) give information on the main basic orientation
(Axial/ Axial invert, Coronal/ Coronal invert, Sagital, etc) of the
image, returned as a 'double'.

I added an other method (that works)
*std::string Orientation::GetOrientation ( File *f )
*
that returns a string thats looks like the "Patient Orientation"
attribute (0020,0020).
(This attribute is mandatory for CR images, not for MR or CT images.)

the result - computed from "Image Orientation (Patient)" (0020,0037) -
is composed of 2 parts, separated by a "\\".
The first one gives an information on the anatomical direction of the X
axis ;
The second one gives an information on the anatomical direction of the Y
axis ;

Anatomical directions are designated by the capital  letters: A
(anterior), P (posterior), R (right),L (left),  H (head), F (foot).

For instance, if you get  L\P, it means that the "end column" is the
left (L) of the Patient, and the 'end line' is the back of the Patient
(Posterior)

There can be some refinements, if the images are not exactly along the
axis (for MR images):
a second letter may be added (but the first one gives the main orientation)

Tell me if this method can help you.

Thx.
JP

*