[Dcmlib] Re: [vtkusers] Problem with creating data volume from DICOM files data.

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Sep 30 05:21:06 CEST 2005

Łukasz Tutaj wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>

>>> Hi Mathieu,
>>>
>>>    Thank you very much for your advice. Unfortunatelly I found some
>>> problem using vtkGdcmReader. The problem is that there is no
>>> gdcmConfigure.h and it causes error during compilation proces. I
>>> tried to find this file but it was impossible. There is no such file
>>> in GDCM directory or any other directory. Is it my fault or there is
>>> some bug in software?
>>

>> Łukasz,
>>
>>     GDCM web site is there:
>> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/
>>
>>     The install/compile instructions are here:
>>
>> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/Installation.html
>>
>>     Please tell us what step is failing for you, and what information
>> was misleading for you (we'll update the documentation if the doc was
>> indeed misleeding for you).
>>
>> Thanks for your time
>> Mathieu
>>

> Hi Mathieu,
>      I'll try to explain you my problem. First I downloaded gdcm version
> 1.0 for Win32 from:
> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/GdcmPackages/bin20050317/GDCM1_0_0.exe,
> then I installed this on my computer. Next step was updating my project,
> I added new path to gdcm/include/gdcm directory and gdcm/lib/gdcm
> directory and also vtkgdcm.lib to "Additional Dependencies" (I use MV
> C++ 7). Then I added line #include <vtkGdcm.h>  to my source code and
> during compilation I got error: fatal error C1083: cannot open include
> file: 'gdcmConfigure.h': No such file or directory. What do you think
> about this. Where I made a mistake?

Could you take instead the source of gdcm 1.0 using cvs.

http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/Cvs.html

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.creatis.insa-lyon.fr:2402/cvs/public co -r
Version1_0 gdcm

Then create a gdcm-bin directory, start cmake and build gdcm just as you
would for VTK (select source and bin dir, then configure and then build
with Visual Studio 7).

Mathieu
Ps: gdcm1.exe was build with visual studio 6, as far as I know, so it's
better you don't use it.