[Dcmlib] Writing Dicom to Raw

Jean-Pierre Roux jpr at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Dec 12 11:15:02 CET 2006

Clemens Hentschke wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i have a DICOM and just want to convert this into a image-raw-format (without image header), just the pixel-values as they are in the dicom.
>
>My code is:
>file = gdcm::File::New( );
>   file->SetLoadMode ( gdcm::LD_ALL );
>   file->SetFileName("test.dcm");
>
>   bool res = file->Load();
>   if (!res) {
>       std::cerr << "Sorry, " << " not a gdcm-readable " << "DICOM / ACR File" << std::endl;
>       file->Delete();
>       return -1;
>   }

OK.
Probablely the name 'Load'  confused you.
The method load the *header*, not the image pixels.
Just add
fh->GetImageDataRaw();
to load the pixels.
(using
fh->GetImageData(); would convert any image with a LUT into an RGB image.
For 'gray level images', GetImageData() and GetImageDataRaw() are
equivalent)

> gdcm::FileHelper *fh = gdcm::FileHelper::New(file);
>  fh->SetWriteModeToRaw();
>  fh->WriteRawData("Neu.IMG");
> but there is always the error: Error: In /usr/gdcm/src/gdcmFileHelper.cxx, line 603, function bool gdcm::FileHelper::WriteRawData(const std::string&)
>Nothing written.
>
>where is my error? I have the cvs version of gdcm, downloaded about two weeks ago

By the way, did you solve your compile time ITK problem?

Just tell me : you dowloaded gdcm (version 1.3.1) and you work with a
standard version of ITK, right?
ITK uses dgcm1.2.x,  nad prbabely, this confuses the complier.
Actually, I don't know waht you wanted to do is possible?
Mathieu, any comment?
(maybe you told Clemens to convert his data into Raw images?)
Jean-Pierre  Roux