[Dcmlib] [Insight-users] GDCM in ITK

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Dec 15 19:36:29 CET 2006

> Yes, there are not as much changes, but the problem is i want to read
> SQ-Tags from DICOM. So i cant use ITK, i have to use gdcm. As in the
> gdcm version from ITK (1.2) there is no class DataEntry, i cant compile
> there (i have to cast DocEntry to Data Entry or SeqEntry) and i cant
> access these values in SQ-Tags. I found no other way to do that. ITK
> does that, as far as i understand, with MetaDataInformation.
> My solution is not using anymore ITK, only gdcm but i have to make some
> changes...

It used to be BinEntry, ValEntry and SQEntry. See implementation of
itk::GDCMImageIO for example:

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/Code/IO/itkGDCMImageIO.cxx?annotate=1.110&root=Insight

Look for the line:
if ( gdcm::BinEntry* b = dynamic_cast<gdcm::BinEntry*>(d) )

Do not hesitate to use this mailing list if you have any further question,

HTH