[Dcmlib] Re: CREATIS CVS: gdcm jpr

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Feb 1 16:50:40 CET 2006

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

>> You get an image, in which Public groups are explicitVR, and Shadow
>> groups are ImplicitVR.
>> (We have tons of thoose images)
>

> Well I only need one example, I haven't seen any in gdcmData, so I am
> just curious where you found it. Thanks for sending me a sample.

Sorry to send it to everybody, but just to keep reference. Yes indeed
gdcm does not handle MetaHeader vs DataSet. There is only *ONE* case
(as I said in a previous mail), where you can find both Explicit AND
Implicit in the same DICOM file is when you have

"""
The MetaHeader (group 0002) in Explicit, and in (0002,0010) the TS sais
the dataset in in Implicit (and therefore the DataSet is indeed in
Implicit). This is the sole case ! No inhomogenous whatsoever.
"""

I consider this as a bad interpretation of the standard, and thus I
would like -again- to move toward gdcm2, instead.

Thanks,