[Dcmlib] Is there a function that parses DS in gdcm ?

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Feb 27 18:00:15 CET 2006

Vincent Daanen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I must read a RTDOSE file and have to parse a DS to get the informations.
> Since this seems to be something that happens often when reading dicom
> fioles, is there a function (or a method in a class) that parses DS in a
> double * or a std::vector <double> or anything else ?

Hi Vincent,

	You are reaching the limits of gdcm, unfortunately. I still believe
that you can read those, but expect some pain :).
	There is one hidden `feature` that prevent people from loading long
binary stream, so don't be suprised if after loading you DICOM DS you
cannot see the RTDOSE Tag. Have a look at
SetMaxSizeLoadEntry for more info. There is a thin layer exposed in ITK
for that. I still believe that in the end you should do what you want
because I know that people are reading 0029-1010 properly, so as long as
you know which field to load you should be fine.

Good luck, keep posting,