[Dcmlib] can not compile with cmake 2.4

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Jun 5 15:44:50 CEST 2006

Crane in Sky wrote:
> I have downloaded the whole GDCM source and released in a directory
> and I compile it under the environment of Mingw and Msys with Cmake.
> Cmake says :"CMake error: cannot find source file
> '/src/gdcmDefaultDicts.cxx' for target 'gdcm' ". I tried several
> times with, for example, the file gdcmdefaultDicts.cxx.in, no sucess.
> The CMake I use is version 2.4, and Mingw 5.0.2 and Msys 1.0.11. How
> can I get gdcm compiled under this environment?

We have dashboard for the Mingw/MSYS target. But I have to admit this is
not -by far- the main target plateform. So maybe there are some issues.
Anyway I have to say you report is kind of cryptic. When posting problem
this is *very* important suggesestion:
always copy exactly the error message. Do not try to translate/summarize
or anything. Secondly you did not mention:
- GDCM version
- CVS command to retrieve GDCM
- Do you have CMake 2.4.2 ? If so which target did you choose (MingW or
MSYS ?)
- Did you do out of source or in source build

Thanks