[Dcmlib] compile under windows with problems

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Jun 5 15:53:49 CEST 2006

Crane in Sky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried every effort to compile gdcm with msys, cmake under Windows
> XP, but it came out with many problems. First, CVS couldn't be
> connected with the information the web provided.

Well again you are *not* saying anything on how you cvs dwlded it.
Please avoid FUD and instead provide meaningfull description of the step
you followed.

> The downloaded
> source only include the "src" directory which is only one part of the
> whole source.

Well that's pretty bad. Are you on a 56k modem or particularly bad
network ?

> I again downloaded the files in "Dict" and the files in
> the directory "gdcm"

OMG ! Don't do that. Please carefully reread the instructions on the
web, this should tell you exactly what to cvs download.

> and  then the CMake could be completed. When I

Well it means either CMake is busted or you had enough CMakeLists.txt to
pretend the project was complete... but I bet it was not.

> make the project, it prompted many errors in, mainly, the DICOMDIR
> related files, by the way, I use the make program of MSYS. What I
> needed to know is if the whole source of the gdcm project could be
> packaged for downloading.

I'll try to do that.

> Do you shutdown the CVS function?  I realy
> urgently need the library of the project for making a functional
> research program. The information provided on the net is very coarse.
> If someone could provide a detailed procedures of the whole
> compiling, it'll be truely appreciated.

A couple of people in the past have complained about this. I think one
person even volonteer to provide us with more meaningfull instructions
but this never happen. I apologize we assume maybe too much knowledge
from our users...