[Dcmlib] R: vtkGdcmReader and vtkProcessObject

Luca Picello luca.picello at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 17:33:24 CEST 2006

well well well...
I will change compiler when I'll open my fabulous restaurant at carabbeans
;-)
anyway even if I understand your point of view, I have the reason why it
works with BCB and it seems (to me at least) to be reasonable.

both vtkProcessObject and vtkImageReader (then vtkGdcmReader) are derived
from vtkAlgorithm where the method GetProgress() is implemented.

casting 'source' pointer makes it possible to access (without any error) to
all vtkImageAlgorithm methods.
Now you make me note it, I know it is wrong. Indeed I'll have to try a
safedowncast to vtkAlgorithm which should be the right cast I need for a
clean source.
when I'll be at home I'll check it, if it is true and if it really works.

thanks, as usual, for your support
Luca