[Dcmlib] compiled sucessfully under windows XP!

Crane in Sky yzduxm at tom.com
Tue Jun 6 02:43:28 CEST 2006

   After many efforts had  been made, I compiled the whole project. The main problem I encountered is the not-fully-packaged source downloaded from the website. Though the instruction gives a very coarse description of the compiling procedures. What I used is windows XP system and what I'll do is to use the gdcm lib for a program used for a research program. I installed MinGW, MSYS, CMake and eclipse in my computer. because of the lack of information used under this environment, I tried every effort for the compiling. Later, I realized that I have to do according to what the instruction says and I installed CVS in my computer, but it didn't work. The 1st problem is that my computer is behind a proxy, and the CVS doesn't support this kind of netting method. So I had to CVS the whole source of the project with another computer which is directly connected to the internet. The configuring of CVS cost me much time because I am a newcomer, finally, I retracted the whole project. With the whole source of the project, I compiled the project sucessfully. Thanks Mathieu for his kindly replying information that supports my many tries for compiled under windows XP. Later, I'll try to use this library for my program in Eclipse.

					Crane in sky
          2006-06-06