[Dcmlib] Two questions

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon May 8 16:18:23 CEST 2006

David Witten wrote:
> I'm setting up to do some work with gdcm.  I have not been following the
> list closely just recently, but a quick scan of recent postings and of
> the Web site left me wondering a couple of things:
>
> 1) Which branch in CVS can I assume to be *reasonably* stable and
> build-able?

<bias answer>
GDCM 1.2 is the one in sync with ITK. So as far as I am concerned it is
well tested (at least via ITK) and has numerous users. I have been
trying to keep 1.2 up to date with CVS to get the new features and bug
fixes, but this is an asynchronous process...and only depend on my mood :-P
So of course I'd suggest gdcm 1.2, but keep in mind that switching to
1.3.x or CVS will require quite a few changes (API is not backward
compatible). so you make the choice...
</bias answer>

> 2) Why is there so little build testing shown on the kitware Dashboard?
>  There used to be a good bit of useful information there, as I recall.
>  Today, at least, there is almost nothing.

There is a long answer here. But the short answer is I'll try to get the
dashboard back from the dead on my side. Thanks for report.