[Dcmlib] R: R: R: Re: GDCM with VTK5 ?

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed May 31 15:54:25 CEST 2006

> more or less. It could be nice to have it written somewhere.
> Anyway I dont understand why now VTK is 5.1.0... (not 5.0.1).
> In my imagination it had to be a new version, not a fix. That's why I did
> not try it at the beginning... and I continued to beat my (hard) head on
> "stable" issues...

Hum I see. I guess it becomes so clear for all of us that the definition
is implicit. If you are familiar with the linux kernel dvpt you would
know why it is so. Even number = stable release, odd number = unstable.
Therefore all release are even:
VTK 3.2, 4.0, 4.2, 4.4, 5.0
And unstable are:
VTK 4.5, 5.1

The current VTK CVS is indeed 5.1. Therefore when VTK 5.2 comes out it
will be the stable version of 5.1 ...

> And the same for GDCM...
> any documentation update is planned?

Hopefully someone at Creatis will do it.

Thx
Mathieu
Ps: Well it becomes nasty when you know that Creatis is using a GDCM
1.3, but I am not maintaining it and this was done without my
acknowledgment :(