[Dcmlib] [Gdcm2] Problem on DICOM images written by ITK GDCM

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Nov 22 21:05:26 CET 2006

jiafucang wrote:
> Hello, Mathieu,
>
> I use ITK CVS GDCM to write DICOM images, but the DICOM file
> can not be read by several DICOM compatible software, such
> as MIPAV 3.0 (http://mipav.cit.nih.gov) , XMedcon 0.9.9.3
> , eFilm 2.0.0, BrainLAB surgery plan or Stryker navigation software.
> But it can be read by MRICro 1.40build 1 and Irfanview.
>
> My intention is wrote fMRI statistical activation images computed by
> SPM or AFNI into DICOM images for use in image navigation system.
> So I use the original DICOM infomation to construct the new generated
> DICOM image. The DICOM image is in RGB color  format.

Hi Fucang,

	Thanks a lot for providing the full cxx example. Unfortunately I am
completely swamped right now (I am not even sure if there is a word to
describe that actually). Anyway I really don't have the time to look
into your problem. But what I don't understand is that your DICOM file
does not look like it was written by GDCM (there is no preamble) AFAIK
we always enforce that. So there might be something else going on.

	Could you please send your issue to the itk ML instead of the gdcm2-dev
list, please ? Hopefully someone with more time than me could point you
where you are doing something wrong in your code. For instance of the
basic steps of starting from a test/example in the ITK distribution and
adding one after the other all the information you want to add to your
DICOM file.

Best regards,
Mathieu

Ref: