[Dcmlib] new to gdcm-cmake problems with test example

Ashish Singh mrasingh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 23:29:42 CEST 2007

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Thanks for replying. I figured it out. I used-TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(gdcmex1
GDCM) and it worked fine, I was able to build and run the code.

I also tried your suggestion of-TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(gdcmex1
GDCM_LIBRARIES), it gives another error as follows-
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'GDCM_LIBRARIES.lib'

Yes, I have posted before on VTK,ITK,Qt and KWWIdget forums. These are the
libraries I mostly use. I wrote a simple dicom anonymizer application
recently using ITK and Qt. If you read some of my  recent posts on ITK, then
you may know that I was running into a lot of memory problems using it on
our dataset here. I was running my anonymizer application on a dataset of
250,000 dicom images, all of different modality and studies. The application
would run fine till about 70,000 images and then would give error. I
couldn't catch the cause of error there. That's when I thought of switching
to GDCM. So to answer your 2nd question, as of now I will be just using GDCM
with Qt ,but as we go ahead yes I will want to use GDCM, ITK, VTK, QT etc.
all together. If there are any special settings that I will have to do now,
I would really appreciate if you could let me know.

 I guess GDCM library is a part of ITK library, right? please correct me if
I am wrong here. In that case, all the GDCM classes and their members should
be available if I have ITK. If this is the case, how do I access all these
classes and their members from ITK itself?

Btw, I did not download the CVS version, I don't know how to download the
CVS version(not familiar with CVS), I just downloaded the zip file(gdcm
1.3.1) from the download page.

Thanks,
Ashish