[Dcmlib] Re: Problème pour comp iler la librairie gdcm pour VTK

the.answer3@libertysurf.fr the.answer3 at libertysurf.fr
Thu Jul 12 17:39:14 CEST 2007

Hi Mathieu,

Thank's for trying to help me...
I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, not VC++ express.
I can't install the librairies in C:\ as I'm working on a computer which is not mine.
I already installed ITK and VTK without problem, and a project combining the two librairies without problem too.

In fact, I find that the small project called vtkgdcm build a DLL (vtkgdcm.dll) but no .lib nor .exp. It is odd since the other small projects build DLL, .lib and .exp.

Moreover, I tried the installation on another PC and I have the same problem... vtkgdcm.lib isn't built !

Finally, after searches in google, I found that a few users had the same problem or a problem near the mine, but no solution in all discussions...

Here the installation I did :
- compilation of VTK in debug and release with CMake generated projects
- install of GDCM
- run CMake for generate GDCM projects with Micrisoft Visual Studio 2005 (not express version)
-> option GDCM_VTK set to ON
-> VTK_DIR is good (for example ...\vtk-bin)
-> configure and OK

And while compiling the projects, errors occur as vtkgdcm.lib is not built.

You don't have anymore idea ?

Gourbish.