[Dcmlib] Probably a stupid mistake of mine

Andreas Wimmer Andreas.Wimmer at gmx.ch
Mon Jul 30 20:09:37 CEST 2007

Dear GDCM-Developers,

thank your very much for your great work, I've been successfully
using the GDCM library via itk for quite a while.

Now I wanted to use GDCM directly. I compiled the library (1.3.1)
using a recent CMake and Visual C++ 6.0 (Service pack 6).
Everything compiled without a warning, but so far I could not
extract any information from a DICOM file. It seems to me I get
only empty default tags. Even when using the "PrintFile" example,
the output always is:

----------

D:\gdcm\bin\Debug>PrintFile.exe filein=test.dcm
D 0002|0000 [UL]
[Group Le
ngth] [gdcm::NotLoaded]
D 0023|0014 [  ]
[gdcm::Unk
nown] [gdcm::Binary data loaded;length = 12]
D 004b|004d [  ]
[gdcm::Unk
nown] [gdcm::NotLoaded]

  dataSize    0
  dataSizeRaw 0
  DIMX=0 DIMY=1 DIMZ=1 DIMT=1
  pixelType= [16U] SamplesPerPixel= [1]  PhotometricInterpretation=
[gdcm::Unfoun
d]
  NumberOfScalarComponents = 1
  LUT = FALSE
  TransferSyntaxName= [Uncompressed ACR-NEMA]
  SwapCode= 4321
  ------

X spacing 1
Y spacing 1
Z spacing 1
Image Position (0x0020,0x0032|0x0030) : 0 , 0 , 0
Image Orientation (0x0020,0x0037|0x0035) : 1 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 1 , 0
Orientation [gdcm::Unfound]

test.dcm doesn't look like an image file

I've been trying a number of DICOM files, also from your
"gdcmData.tar.gz" archive, always with the same result.

I guess it's probably a stupid mistake of mine...

Thank you very much for your efforts!

Best regards,
Andreas Wimmer