[Dcmlib] gdcm(python) build error on Windows

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at cpbotha.net
Wed Jun 27 13:47:56 CEST 2007

Hi guys,

On 6/27/07, Charl P. Botha <cpbotha at cpbotha.net> wrote:
> Next problem is building with GDCM_VTK ON.   During CMake (with VTK
> paraview 3-0 branch) it gives:
>
> ---------------------------
> Error
> ---------------------------
> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> c:/build/gdcm/gdcmPython/CMakeLists.txt:71:
> Unknown CMake command "VTK_WRAP_PYTHON2".
>
> (Press  Cancel to suppress any further messages.)
> ---------------------------
> OK   Cancel
> ---------------------------
>
> Funny.  I'm going to try to track this down.

I had to make two changes to gdcmPython/CMakeLists.txt to get this to build:
1. add INCLUDE(${VTK_CMAKE_DIR}/vtkWrapPython.cmake) after ENDIF(NOT
VTK_WRAP_PYTHON)
2. change TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES to link to vtkCommonPythonD and
vtkIOPythonD (this is the new VTK convention: vtkCommonPython is only
the importable part, vtkCommonPythonD contains the actual linkable
code)

Unless you've done this already, you should think about adapting
vtkGDCM to follow the same conventions.

After doing a build on the INSTALL target, and copying the gdcmPython
dir from the build dir to the install dir, I can import and
instantiate the VTK modules / classes.

Thanks,
Charl