[Dcmlib] Compiling Simple Application using GDCM

Ram Vedam rvedam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 10:05:26 CET 2007

Hey Fellow GDCM users,

I tried compiling a very simple application using MS Visual Studio.NET 2005
and I was getting the following error:

c:\Creatis\gdcm\include\gdcm\gdcmCommon.h(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: 'gdcmConfigure.h': No such file or directory

I noticed Mathieu's comment on the mailing list from a while back
saying that you should use CMake to compile the application, but when
I made the CMakeLists.txt file and try using CMake, I got an error
regarding CMake not find GDCM_DIR and how I should set GDCM_DIR. Is
there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

Ram

P.S. The application simply was a variation of the application

#include <gdcmDicomDirObject.h>

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{

	return 0;