[Dcmlib] accessing individual pixel values from image

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:47:35 CEST 2007

Hi Ashish,

  GDCM is really only a DICOM library, you should not expect too much
from it (this way it makes the library smaller and thus bug free
(tm)).
  Anyway I would highly suggest that for any kind of purpose that you
start looking into ITK or VTK. In the short term this might look like
a difficult job, but in the long term you'll thank me for this ;)
  Those library provide a tons of filter to manipulate an image,
whereas GDCM does not even offer any kind of Image representation,
thus you cannot manipulate it (only raw c-style buffer).

HTH
-Mathieu