[Dcmlib] dicom SplitOnTagValue

Jean-Pierre Roux jpr at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Sep 26 10:52:27 CEST 2007

Xintao Hu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Now I am trying to read a perfusion dataset contain 50 time points
> (that mean 50 series, each series contain 12 slices, totally 600
> files) in dicom series.
>
> I am trying to split the dicom series into 50 time points and write
> into ANALYZE format. I guess SplitOnTagValue can be used here. I tried
> the examples: exXCoherentFileSet.cxx, if the argument tag set to be
> group-elem, how should I set the value of the argument?  Can I split
> the dicom using "instance number" in dicom header?

Hi, Hugo
exXCoherentFileSet.cxx is an example of what is to be done when a
'Serie' (I mean : a set of images having the same  'Series Instance
UID'  - DataElement : 0020|000e - ) holds, for instance, different
slices, at different time points .
In your case I guess you have 50 different 'Series Instance UID' , don't
you?
Dou you want to split your images into 50 different Directories, each
one holding 12 images?
If so, you should use Examples/SplitIntoDirectories (last CVS version)

If not, (I probabelly missed something) : Instance Number is the
DataElement 0020|0013 .
pass the value as follow :
exXCoherentFileSet  dirin=inputDirectoryName tag=0020-0013

Jean-Pierre Roux