[Dcmlib] GDCM 2.0.5 Sample Code

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 10:10:08 CEST 2008

Hi Neerav,

  To keep things nice and separated, I'd like to invite you to send
GDCM 2.x related question directly to:

gdcm-developers at lists.sourceforge.net

  Please tell us which language are you using ?

If you are using Python, please have a look at:

Examples/Python/DecompressImage.py

If you are using c++:

 Examples/Cxx/csa2img.cxx & Examples/Cxx/rle2img.cxx

vtkGDCMImageReader.cxx & itkGDCMImageIO.cxx are also a good place to
look at for example of advanced use of gdcm.

Please note that there is now a major difference in between
gdcm::Reader and gdcm::ImageReader. You should keep in mind that
gdcm::ImageReader will fail to read the DICOM file (even if valid
DICOMDIR for example) if the DICOM object is not an Image.

Let us know if you have any further question,
-Mathieu