[Dcmlib] Bad Ptr of ContourData

chensiqi pidanchen at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 24 04:37:16 CET 2008

Hi, GDCMers

I am new to GDCM and try to load some Sequence data using C++.  I tried ITK before and unfortunately, they do not support sequence items, so I turn to GDCM.
Gladly, I can load most sequence data using GDCM. But still occasionally there some information especially some slices of  "ContourData" are not loaded and denoted as "Bad Ptr".
I also use Matlab to load the same file, it works and I can see the contour information of that slice.

So this likely conflict confuses me a lot. Could some one give me some hint on how to load these info using GDCM.

Here is the code:   (  0036 0050 is ContourData,  ContourSeq is ContourSequence 0036, 0040 )

    gdcm::SQItem *temp = ContourSeq->GetSQItem(j);    gdcm::DataEntry *ContourSlice = temp->GetDataEntry(0x0036, 0x0050);

Thank you for your input

Siqi