[Dcmlib] GDCM 2.0.12 is out !

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:12:50 CEST 2009

I have just make another release of GDCM 2.x: This is GDCM 2.0.12. You
can expect this release to last a lot more than GDCM 2.0.11 as I will
not be as heavily involved on GDCM in the next coming weeks (IMHO).
The major change in this release is a much better DICOMDIR support.
The Anonymizer has now logging capabilities which makes it more
suitable for production site which require tracking of any
modification that are being done on files. I have also added some
example applications (eg. ClinicalTrialIdentificationWorkflow.cs,
StandardizeFiles.cs and ReformatFile.cs) which should represent
typical real world scenarios for anonymization batch, unify DICOM
inputs, and generate DERIVED objects.

As usual here is the changelog.

Enjoy !

GDCM 2.0.12 (2008/06/12)

    * gdcmgendir added (see gdcm.DICOMDIRGenerator)
    * gdcm.Anonymizer / logging capabilities
    * gdcmanon:
          o Bug, see issue here. Patient ID / Patient Name can not be
made Empty.
          o new command line option: --dumb : --remove / --empty / --replace
          o new command line option: --recursive
    * New filter: gdcm.FileDerivation, to handle DERIVED DICOM mechanism
    * gdcmconv:
          o JPEG-LS: lossy mode added (see 'allowed-error')
          o Properly reject DICOMDIR input file (only Explicit TS)
    * gdcm2vtk:
          o More command line options (study, series, root, jpeg, j2k,
jpegls, rle)
    * BUGS:
          o Properly find the UUID lib on MacOSX
          o replace all abort into assert(0)
          o Properly handle space within array of VR:DS elements
          o gdcm.jar / vtkgdcm.jar properly load the internal shared
lib (JNI glue layer).
          o C# / mono: gdcm.dll / vtkgdcm.dll links to the shared lib
using a config map.
    * NEW:
          o Can now specify the Series / Study UID in vtkGDCMImageWriter

Ref:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/gdcm/index.php?title=GDCM_Release_2.0#GDCM_2.0.12_.282008.2F06.2F12.29