[Dcmlib] cannot read dicom tag

Ashish Singh mrasingh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 21:02:10 CET 2009

Hi,

I am trying to read 'spiral pitch factor' with tag number 0018,9311 from a
helical CT image but my code doesn't return the actual values. I am using
gdcm library that comes bundled with ITK 3.12. The same code allows me to
read other tags, just not this one. Can anyone please tell me if there is
anything that I am doing wrong here and how to fix it? Here's the relevant
part of my code:

---------

#include "gdcm/src/gdcmFile.h"

gdcm::File *fi = new gdcm::File();
fi->setFileName([path to dicom file here]);
fi->Load();

if(fi->isReadable())
{
    imgpid = fi->GetEntryValue(0x0010,0x0020);// get patient ID - this works
    pitch = fi->GetEntryValue(0x0018,0x9311);// get spiral pitch factor
-this doesn't work
}
---------

Thanks,