[Dcmlib] GDCM 1.2.x

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 11:51:43 CET 2009

Just a mind dump:

I have added two files in gdcmData:

PHILIPS_GDCM12xBug2.dcm & PHILIPS_GDCM12xBug.dcm to gdcmData.

Those two images are making GDCM 1.2.x (the one in ITK) to seg fault.
This is apparently a regression from GDCM 1.2.0.

PHILIPS_GDCM12xBug.dcm was contributed by Emmanuel Olart
PHILIPS_GDCM12xBug2.dcm was contributed by Kent Williams
(http://itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=9882)

I clearly do not have the time to bisect GDCM 1.2.0 / GDCM 1.2.x to
check which commit broke the reading of the file. I do not want either
to backport the DICOM parser from GDCM 1.3.x, as I am getting bored
with maintaining GDCM 1.2.x

If anyone is interested in fixing those, please contact me, I will do
my best to get you started.

HTH