[Dcmlib] problem with gdcm library

Christos Dimitropoulos christostuc at yahoo.gr
Wed Sep 28 18:16:50 CEST 2011

Dear sir/madam

I am a master student at Technical University of Munich and I am doing a project in biomechanics.

I want to use gdcm library with VTK. So I install gdcm libraries as you
are saying in your site
(http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/software/public/Gdcm/)
All the procedure is done with no errors. But then when I try to run an example that you have in your site (http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/software/public/Gdcm/html.developper/DoxyVtkGdmReaderExamples.html) I get this error:

CMakeFiles/DICOMImageViewer.dir/DICOMImageViewer.cxx.o: In function `main':
DICOMImageViewer.cxx:(.text+0x13): undefined reference to `vtkGdcmReader::New()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [DICOMImageViewer] Error 1
make[1]: ***
 [CMakeFiles/DICOMImageViewer.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can you please tell me watch going wrong? For this example that I mention, do you have the cmakelists.txt?

I am using gdcm 2.0.18 (source) for compilation in Linux Ubuntu 11.04

Thanks in advance, Christos Dimitropoulos