[Dcmlib] SC objects and removal of elements

Todd Jensen todd.jensen at ieee.org
Fri May 9 17:50:49 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am attempting to create a secondary capture (SC) object or post-processed MR images using GDCM 2.4.2 that includes origin (0020,0032) and directions cosines (0020,0037) but the code in gdcmImageHelper.cxx removes those elements before writing the file.

I understand that these and the Image Plane Module are not part of the base SC Image IOD, but some viewers respect these and those that ignore them are not a problem for our use case. An alternative might be to use the MR Image IOD to store these, but that does not include the Rescale Slope and Rescale Intercept elements! And those are required as we have are storing floating point values (not arbitrary units that are only integers). And we also include colorized (RGB) versions of the images.

Might an option be added to not remove those?

Cheers,

Todd Jensen, PhD
Jensen Informatics LLC
http://www.linkedin.com/in/toddjensen