[Rtk-users] Issues using PhaseGatingImageFilter

Chao Wu wuchao04 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 13:30:42 CET 2015

Dear all,

I am also looking at the PhaseGatingImageFilter. I think I am confused
by how the weights are computed in ComputeWeights().

At line 83 and 84 the distance is calculated by
distance = vnl_math_min(fabs(m_GatingWindowCenter - 1 -
m_Phases[proj]), fabs(m_GatingWindowCenter - m_Phases[proj]));
distance = vnl_math_min(distance, vnl_math_abs(m_GatingWindowCenter +
1.f - m_Phases[proj]));

Then this distance seems to be the smallest distance between the phase
number and any of the three adjacent gating window centers.
Afterwards this distance is used for computing the weight based on the
window width and shape.
Why are three window centers used here? To reconstruction phase N,
shouldn't only projections acquired within window N be used?

Another question is about using this filter in FDK. I was wondering
where's the best place to insert it. Before the
ParkerShortScanImageFilter or after?

Thanks.

Regards,
Chao